Are you looking for the latest in cataract surgery? Astorino Eye Center offers the Light Adjustable Lens (LAL), an innovative lens that can be adjusted after surgery to give you the best possible chance of seeing clearly without glasses or contacts.
What is a Light Adjustable Lens?
A LAL is a new type of intraocular lens (IOL) that is made of a special material that is sensitive to light. When the lens is exposed to light, it changes shape. This change in shape can be used to adjust the power of the lens, which in turn adjusts your vision.
Benefits of LAL
There are several benefits to using a LAL for cataract surgery, including:
- Customized vision: With a LAL, your doctor can adjust your vision to your individual needs. This means that you may be able to see clearly without glasses or contacts after surgery.
- Improved long-term vision: Studies have shown that patients who receive LALs are more likely to have good vision over the long term.
- Less risk of complications: LALs are associated with a lower risk of complications than other types of IOLs.
Who is a good candidate for LAL?
LALs are a good option for most people who are considering cataract surgery. However, there are a few factors that may make you a better candidate for a LAL, such as:
- You want to see clearly without glasses or contacts after surgery.
- You are concerned about the long-term stability of your vision.
- You are at a higher risk of complications from cataract surgery.
Contact Astorino Eye Center
If you are interested in learning more about LALs, please contact Astorino Eye Center. We would be happy to discuss your options with you and help you decide if a LAL is right for you. 949-645-2250
- The LAL is made of a special photosensitive material that changes the shape and power of your implanted lens in response to ultraviolet (UV) light.
- The LAL is FDA-approved for patients with pre-existing astigmatism of 0.75 diopters or more who are undergoing cataract surgery.
- The procedure is similar to a standard cataract implant, but after the lens is implanted, you will return to your doctor's office for a series of light treatments.
- These treatments take only a few minutes each and are painless.
- The LAL offers a number of advantages over traditional IOLs, including the ability to customize your vision, the effectiveness at correcting astigmatism, and the reduced risk of halos and glare.